Well hello! It’s been a while since I checked in. Since the move I have been unpacking, shooting, editing and also still growing a baby. I hit 30 weeks yesterday, I can’t believe it! I can’t wait to show you all around our new unpacked and decorated house, but I’m not quite to that point yet. For now, you’ll just have to take a sneak peak at my little breakfast nook area and my favorite new cookie recipe.
If you LOVE peanut butter and if you LOVE crumbly cookies, this is the juxtapose of both things. However, if you are allergic to peanuts, you should look away now. I don’t want to tempt you or to cause you to break out in hives from looking at these fabulous things.
The recipe is a modified version of a recipe I found here. Recipe first, explanation for strangeness after.
- 1/2 Cup Skippy “Natural” Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Organic Natural Smooth Peanut Butter (the kind that separates and you have to stir it)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Natural Chunky Peanut Butter (same as above)
- 1 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar (I buy this at Costco)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stir peanut butter and sugar together with wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, still with a wooden spoon (don’t use a mixer). Then stir in the baking powder and vanilla.
- Roll dough into balls and place them onto a cooking stone. I LOVE my pampered chef cooking stone. I use it almost everyday.
- Bake for 10 minutes in oven. Allow cookies to cool on stone for 5-10 minutes. Just wait for them to be less crumbly, if you try to take them off too early they will fall apart. ….although, they will still taste delicious.